VIRTUAL HOMESTAY ENGLISH (VHE) GRIEVANCE RESOLUTION POLICY
MyStay International Pty Ltd (“MSI”) is committed to providing affordable and accessible English programs for people across the globe. Feedback of all kinds is welcomed as this information helps us to identify what we are doing well and where we need to improve our services and systems.
MSI has established policies and procedures to support its Customers, Mentors and staff to resolve legitimate complaints that cannot be settled informally. All complaints and grievances are taken seriously and are responded to in a timely manner.
As a first step, we encourage you to read the VIRTUAL HOMESTAY ENGLISH (VHE) CUSTOMER FEES AND CHARGES POLICY, VIRTUAL HOMESTAY ENGLISH (VHE) CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY and VIRTUAL HOMESTAY ENGLISH (VHE) MENTOR DELIVERABLES, so you can understand your options and how you might proceed.
- This policy outlines MyStay International Pty Ltd (“MSI”) grievance resolution process for either:
- The Australian Homestay Network (“AHN”) is owned by MSI and is the key supplier of the VHE program. References to “VHE Supplier/s” include AHN.
- A “Customer” is defined as:
- Someone who has applied for the VHE program as an English learning participant, received an invoice from AHN, and has made full payment of the invoice to AHN.
- A “Mentor” is defined as:
- Having completed the “VHE Mentor Training program” available at the time and hold the supplied completion certificate (if applicable).
- If training by the Mentor has eclipsed 12-month period since completion of the training, the Mentor has been reassessed by the Supplier as competently trained.
- The VHE program consists of a scheduled program containing the following items either for the duration or intermittently throughout the program:
- One-on-One online lessons with a specially trained English-speaking host Mentor (minimum 28 hours over 4 weeks)
- Cultural immersion
- Access to the Reallyenglish online platform (16 weeks)
- Certificate of Completion
- All Customers and Mentors must accept and adhere to any MSI policies or policies of any VHE Suppliers, for the duration of the program. Policies are in effect at the time of application to the program.
- ACADEMIC MATTERS – TECHNOLOGY
- Grievances about access to and use of any associated technology (including purchasing, enrolment and English language deliverables included in the VHE Package) are addressed, as appropriate, by MSI.
- ACADEMIC MATTERS – MENTORING
- Grievances about the level of quality or engagement in the Mentoring elements of the VHE Package, by either Customer or Mentor (including availability, completion and One-on-One online English language use) are addressed, as appropriate, by MSI.
- OTHER PACKAGED SERVICES
- Grievances about the level of quality or engagement in the additional elements of the VHE Package, by either Customer or Mentor (including training, insurances and orientation information) are addressed, as appropriate, by MSI.
- MSE SUPPLIERS
- It is a condition of purchase that all Customers and Mentors adhere to the policy and procedure of any VHE Suppliers, This includes any English Language Education Providers, Insurance Providers, etc.
- Some or all of a grievance may be subject to the policies and procedures of the VHE Supplier and will be addressed, as appropriate, by the relevant Supplier.
- ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS – CHARGES, FEES & DATA
- Grievances about costs, charges, fees or financial transactions by Customers are addressed, as appropriate, by MSI.
- Grievances about payments or reimbursements by Mentors are addressed, as appropriate, by MSI.
- CUSTOMER CONDUCT
- MSI reserves the right to request the Customer to transfer and or terminate the program, at its discretion and without a required explanation, to the Customer or their representatives.
- Customers that have a material grievance are subject to the terms of agreements between the approved VHE Supplier and MSI.